Helpful Information - AI・CREATE Co., Ltd.

Helpful Information

Open Bank Account

We recommend Shinsei Bank / SMBC Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation.

  • 新生銀行Shinsei Bank
  • 三井住友銀行SMBC Sumitomo Mitsui


  • PasmoPasmo
  • 乗り換え案内Timetable and Route Search of Transportation
  • 都営交通案内Toei Transportation Information
    *Toei Subway.Toei Streetcar(Toden) Arakawa Line. Nippori-Toneri Liner
  • 都営バス案内Toei Bus Information
  • 東京メトロ案内Tokyo Metro Information
  • JR東日本East Japan Railway Company
  • JR西日本West Japan Railway Company
  • JR東海道Cenrtal Japan Railway Company
  • JR北海道Hokkaido Railway Company
  • JR九州Kyusyu Railway Company

Set up Internet

We recommend these two companies for they can speak English and have 24hours support.

  • アシスト ソリューションAssist Solution
  • アサヒネットAsahi net

English Speaking Hospital

Tokyo Medical and Surgical Clinic

General Medical Services, Primary Care Specialist services in Clinic or by Hospital Referral and Admission Laboratory and X-ray Services Outpatient Surgery Immunizations.


Location 32 Shibakoen Bldg 2F. 3-4-30, Shibakoen, Minatoku Tokyo.
Phone 03-3436-3028
Office hours Appointment by telephone only
Mon-Fri/ 8:30am-5:30pm Sat/ 8:30am-12:00noon Consultation hours
Mon-Fri/ 9:00am-4:30pm Sat/ 9:00am-12:00noon Procedure hours
Mon-Fri/ 10:00am-12:00noon, 2:00pm-4:00pm
Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (inquiry only)

Tokyo Midtown Medical Center

In addition to a wide range of medical practices, the Tokyo Midtown Clinic boasts a special outpatient center, next-generation Health Screening Center and more.


Location Midtown Tower 6F, Akasaka 9-7-1, Minato-ku
Phone 03-5413-0080
Office hours

10:00-19:00 (Weekdays) 9:00 - 12:00(Saturday)
Closed: Sunday, national holidays

Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Japanese are required to participate in either the Employees’ Health Insurance for manufacturing related employees or the National Health Insurance (NHI), which is a government-sponsored program. Patients pay 30% to 50% of the bill and insurance covers the remainder.
Foreigners with visas over one year may also join the NHI plan, but varying conditions apply.
Overseas medical insurance can be used in Japan, but one should be aware of company or travel insurance coverage before coming to Japan and be prepared accordingly.

Driver's Liscence

How to exchange your foreign driver’s license to a Japanese driver’s license


Where to apply ■Fuchu Driver’s License Center
■Samezu Driver’s License Center
■Koto Driver’s License Center

*At Fuchu or Samezu, application can be made by those who have a driver’s license of any country or region.
Due to construction at the Samezu Driver‘s License Center, driving skills examinations (only practical exams) are conducted at the Fuchu Driver’s License Center for those who have a driver’s license of a country or region not listed below and have applied for the exchange of their foreign driver’s license at Samezu (until late March,2016).

*At Koto, application can be made only by those who have a driver’s license issued in a country or region listed below.

【Exam Exempt Countries and Region(25 countries and one region).】
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Britain, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Korea, Luxembourg, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Taiwan
Office Hours 8:30a.m. --- 3:00p.m. (Closed between 11:00a.m. and 1:00p.m.) Monday to Friday*1
Fees Application Fee Ordinary motor vehicle license 2,200yen
Moped license 1,500yen
Large-sized / Medium-sized motor vehicle license 4,400yen
Other 2,950yen
Issuance Fee 2,050yen
Fee for listing two types of licenses in one license
Certificate (per one type of license, 200 yen)
Requirements ■A valid foreign driver’s license

■A Japanese translation of your foreign driver’s license(prepared by the embassy of your country or Japan Automobile Federation (JAF)) ----- to be submittedspan>
* If your foreign driver’s license does not mention the date you obtained it for the first time, we will require a document such as your driver’s record that shows the said date.
If you have two types of licenses (e.g., ordinary motor vehicle license and ordinary motorcycle license) or more,
we may require some documents showing the respective date you obtained each of them.
Required documents may vary depending on the country or your license status.
Please contact us in advance for details.

■Japanese driver’s license(s)(including old ones), if any

■An official copy of your “Jumin-hyo” (residence record) showing your registered domicile (nationality)
----- to be submitted or Passport or other official IDs*2 ----- only to be showed ----- and a document showing you currently stay at the address on your application (e.g., a certificate issued by the householder or hotel manager)
if you are not subject to the Basic Resident Registration Act ----- to be submitted

■A document showing you stayed in the country or region where you obtained the license
for a total of three months or more (e.g., passport(s)including old ones if any)

■Photograph(s) of the applicant (3cm high×2.4cm wide)*3 a photo is required for each type of license you apply for.
Qualifications ■[Age]
18 years old or older
Ordinary motorcycle license : 16 or older
Medium-sized motor vehicle license : 20 or older
Large-sized motor vehicle license : 21 or older

■You must have stayed in the country or region where you obtained the license for a total of three months or more since you got it.

■[Visual Acuity (Japanese scale)]
・Ordinary motor vehicle license / motorcycle licenses 0.7 or better ( both eyes) and 0.3 or better (each eye); or if the vision of one eye is under 0.3 or one eye has no vision, the visual field of the other eye must be 150 continuous degrees or more along the horizontal meridian and its vision 0.7 or better.

■Medium-sized / large-sized motor vehicle license
0.8 or better (both eyes) and 0.5 or better (each eye). The applicant must go through depth perception tests by the three-rod method three times and the average error must be 2cm or less.

■If you obtained a Japanese license in the past and received a penalty such as its revocation (excluding the novice-driver revocation), you cannot take an exam unless you have taken lessons for those who had their license revoked within one year prior to the exam and the disqualification period has already elapsed.

■Your address must be in Tokyo.
Other points to note ■Your knowledge and practical driving skills will be examined when you exchange your foreign driver’s license for Japanese one.
※You need to make an appointment to take an exam for your practical driving skills.
You cannot take the exam on the day of your application.

※The 25 countries and one region mentioned above are exempt from the examination of knowledge and practical driving skills.

■As it is necessary to see if you fall under the category of a novice driver, etc., please bring with you a driving record / history and a document (e.g., your old foreign driver’s license) showing the period of your stay in a foreign country or region, if any.

■You can apply for a medium-sized / large-sized motor vehicle license only after you have obtained an ordinary motor vehicle license.
For further information, please contact The Written Examination Section, Fuchu Driver’s License Center, Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department. Phone:042-362-3591
The Examination Section, Samezu Driver’s License Center, Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department Phone:03-3474-1374
The Driver’s License Section, Koto Driver’s License Center, Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department. Phone:03-3699-1151


(※1)Excluding notional holidays, and year-end New Year holidays. Year-end and New Year holidays are from December 29 to January 3.
(※2)“Passport or other official IDs” means your passport, ID card issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, or other documents issued by a competent authority for your identification.
(※3)Photograph(s) of the applicant must have been taken within the last six months; head and shoulders only, no hat, front-face, and no patterned or dark background.

Moving Out

If you are thinking about moving, check the contract between the landowner,
when you should make the moving out announcement.

Moving within Japan

■Move out inspection of the house
■Termination of housing contract and fire/ earthquake insurance
■Residence De-registration
■Disconnection of Utilities/ Internet
■Renovation – negotiation with management co./landowner
■Deposit Refund

Moving Out from Japan Additionally ,you must.....

■Close the Bank account
■Cancel the Current Mobile


Contact us via phone or e-mail and we will handle your requests.

  • +81-(0)3-6402-3536
  • Mail

Copyright©AI・CREATE Co., Ltd.All Rights Reserved. login